9:05 PM | Posted by Mabel Chan | | Edit Post
I think my mum is tired of setting up the table and then having me take half an hour to snap photos.. haha just like my poor bf. But it's mah birthday so my way or the high way!
Anyhoo, it's a tradition to have this soup on your birthday and lots of other delicious noms. I also got money from my relatives, although my mother said I'm way too old to be receiving anything. Boo.. :(
Miyeok Gook - Korean Seaweed Soupmakes 4-6 servings
100g flank steak
5g dried seaweed (Miyeok), rehydrated in water for 1 hour
6 cups water
2 tsp youndoo (or 2 tbsp soysauce)
1 tsp sesame oil (optional addition at the end)
- Boil the 6 cups of water, add some salt, put in flank steak and simmer for 1 hour
- Keep simmering the soup, but take out the steak (should be fully cooked) and shred with 2 forks
- Cut rehydrated seaweed into 2 inch squares, rinse under cold water
- Place seaweed and shredded steak back into the soup. Add salt and youndoo (or soysauce 2 tbsp) to taste
- Boil another 10 minutes and serve
Powered by Blogger.