Roasted medley: Tomato, Mushroom, Garlic and Feta


Holy Moly, I'm freezing my buns off! I'm a live-on-the-equator kind of girl and the tropics is in my blood (does Hong Kong count?). In Richmond, it's like the North Pole decided to migrate here. I've been looking like a stuffed penguin everyday or the abominable snowman. Either way, highly attractive...

Luckily, my utility bill is included in my rent. My roommate and I have been blasting the central heating until we're almost sweating in our t-shirt and shorts. And I've been taking hot showers until I look like a prune :P Also, lots of oven usage. Roasted wintery dishes FTW!! This dish is super delish with some crusty bread or even pita chips (especially those crack-like Stacy's Pita Chips)



Roasted Tomato, Garlic, and Feta

makes 3-4 servings

Ingredients
1 small onion, sliced into thin wedges
5-6 cloves garlic, halved
3-4 slabs (5oz) of feta cheese
10 on the vine tomatoes (slighty larger than a cherry tomato)
1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 tsp rosemary, chopped
1/2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
olive oil
salt and pepper
balsamic vinegar

  • Preheat oven to 350F
  • Place sliced onion on a greased roasting pan and drizzle olive oil over them. Roast for 15 mins.
  • Place feta cheese and garlic sliced on top of the onions, crack some pepper and toss over the chopped rosemary and thyme. Then place vine tomatoes and mushrooms, drizzle a little olive oil all over.
  • Put back in the oven for another 40-50mins. Serve with splashes of balsamic vinegar. Salt if needed (otherwise feta is salty enough)




2 comments:

fiona_w said...

Beautiful pic! Also,try long pants and a sweater, that way less need to blast heater. Better for the environment :)

Joanne (eats well with others) said...

Roasting veggies is key to keeping warm at this time of year! I would love this medley mixed with pasta as a sauce!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FOLLOW ME


Always hangry
Powered by Blogger.