Second Header(2)

Chocolate Chip & Almond Cookies


Who doesn't love a good cheesy chick flick? Don't deny it! My friends and I just watched "My Sassy Girl", an old Korean romcom last weekend. I think this must have been my 10th time watching it. My bestie and I used to watch this at least twice every year in college :P (that and "Across the Universe", Jim Sturgess you know? *swoon*). This Korean movie was such a hit that they made a Hollywood remake, which is just AWFUL. Can't recreate that Korean charm in American women lol ;)

I was going to bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies for the movie night. But, I had ran out of regular chocolate chips so I had to borrow some mini ones from my roommate. And then I thought, let me just substitute sliced almonds too. Turned out to be a wonderful creation!

Chocolate Chip & Almond Cookies


adapted from allrecipes.com
makes 2 dozen

1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda + 1 tsp hot water
1/4 tsp salt
1.5 cups flour

1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup flaked almonds
  1. Preheat oven to 325F
  2. Cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and stir in vanilla
  3. Dissolve the baking soda in hot water and add to the batter. Add salt and mix until combined
  4. Stir in flour just until a dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips and almonds.
  5. Roll into 1 inch balls and place 1" apart on a lined baking tray. Dough will not spread much, so if you want a thinner crispier cookie, flatten it a bit
  6. Bake for 10-15 mins, just until edges are brown (not to a crisp!)

5 comments :

  1. Sarah|PickledCapersApril 1, 2014 at 8:39 PM

    Very intrigued by the novel texture that flaked almonds would create in these cookies. I love when impromptu decisions like this turn out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cookies a quite soft with a sweet nutty flavor from the almonds. I do like the crunch the almonds add!! thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a night of good RomCom watching. It's the best. And cookies make it even better!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With our scrumptious Chocolate Chip & Almond Cookies, you can enjoy the perfect combination of rich chocolate and crunchy almonds. Each bite is a smooth, velvety symphony of chocolate chips and the pleasant crunch of fine almonds. These golden-baked cookies are a delectable treat for your taste buds. With the enticing combination of chocolate and almonds, you may up your snack game or sweeten any moment. It's more than simply a cookie; it's a blissful moment in every bite. Thank you for taking the time to create such a detailed piece. This book has taught me a lot. Continue your fantastic effort! I'm looking forward to reading your forthcoming blogs. Reading your well-thought-out and properly researched stuff is always a pleasure.Thank you for your time.
    Divorce Lawyers Roanoke VA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the ideal fusion of crunchy almonds and creamy chocolate with our delicious Chocolate Chip & Almond Cookies. Chocolate chips and the delightful crunch of fine almonds combine to create a smooth, velvety symphony with every bite.

    ReplyDelete

Template Design By Baby in Heels