Second Header(2)

Matcha Mochi Waffles with Maple Grapefruit Syrup

Haha, I know I said I was going to be on a blogging hiatus, but I just finished my last exam in school and I am taking a break this weekend before I plunge into the depths of studying. I literally have a brain fart and it needs recuperating. I'm going back to Los Angeles TODAY, where it is 80F (Fahrenheit means nothing to me as a celsius user, but at least I know this is warm)!! I shall be packing my rainbows (flip flops for Californians), shorts and tees. Although, what's the use of sun when I'm going to be indoors studying all the time.. :(

I leave you with this super simple recipe. I love matcha in everything, as you can see here, here, here, here, here, and here.  Okay, I didn't realize there were going to be so many links. Also, check out what I made in prep for lunar new year's below. It's a pseudo Japanese kagami-mochi... something you'll find everywhere for new year's. It's supposed to bring you lots of luck and prosperity for the new year, which is something I really need for this exam (literally a miracle please).

Anyway, this is seriously my final good bye... seriously :P.  I will be back soon though XOXO





Matcha Mochi Waffles with Maple Grapefruit Syrup

serves 4-5

Waffles
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup mochiko
2 tbsp sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp matcha tea powder (from Panatea)
1/4 tsp salt

1 egg
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp melted butted
3/4 - 1 cup buttermilk

Maple Grapefruit Syrup
1 grapefruit, segmented
brown sugar
maple syrup

  1. Preheat oven to high broil setting. Lay segmented grapefruit on a lined baking tray. Sprinkle generously with brown sugar and just a little streak of maple syrup over them. Broil until caramelized
  2. For the waffles, mix dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour to salt) and the wet ingredients in another bowl. Combine and mix so no lumps remain
  3. Preheat waffle iron and make waffles like you usually do!
  4. Serve hot waffles with grapefruit and more maple syrup

Here, I dressed up the waffles to look like kagami-mochi decorations you find around Japan during the Lunar New year. This makes me laugh hahaha.


9 comments :

  1. Yay!! So gorgeous! I just ordered a waffle iron, so I'm excited to experiment!!!!!!! Matcha love <3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT! I've never really thought about using matcha this way. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe thanks. omg I think I'm more excited that you're getting a waffle iron. yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Annie!! I love matcha in just about anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your weblog supplied us with valuable information to paintings with. every & each hints of your submit are notable. thank you loads for sharing. preserve blogging..Gmod free

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What I suggest I am really impressed with your suggestion. Thank you for sharing your suggestion. pls, share again. Keep it up.
    Verizon Email is the most trusted email service preferred by customers. You can easily connect your Verizon Email accounts from anywhere. If you encounter some problems while using your Verizon accounts such as if your Verizon email account has blocked and you have forgotten your password. Then you need to Change Verizon Email Password and after then you can easily access your email account and enjoyed our services.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are quite a number of factors that Brother Printer Driver may not install on your computer and you may face Brother Printer Driver Installation Problem. Brother drivers or software exist to perform an essential function within your printer. If not, then you can dial Brother Printer Support Toll-Free Number and tell them the issue, and surely, we’ll try to get back to you with the answer. You can also connect with one of our printer support experts via our chat support.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am happy to be here and this wonderful blog. I have found here lots of important information for my knowledge I need. Thanks for sharing this amazing post. For Instant Support related to Change Roadrunner Email Password please contact roadrunner support team for solution.

    ReplyDelete

Template Design By Baby in Heels